GM of Manufacturing Operations to lead the manufacturing function at the site and be responsible for providing strategic, operational and technical leadership for the overall manufacturing operations.
As a critical member of the Site Leadership Team, the GM of Manufacturing Operations is responsible for the operational and compliance performance necessary to drive growth and customer excellence and PATIENT FIRST culture. Working cross-functionally with Quality, Engineering, Pharmaceutics, Supply Chain, HR, Continuous Improvement and Finance, the GM will be responsible for organizing, managing and improving Operations activities in support of the development of new products or processes and the manufacture of clinical and products in accordance with Business Unit objectives. The successful individual is responsible for building strong working relationships across the site and driving employee and customer engagement to next level and ultimately delivering safe and effective products to patients. The role is also responsible for building both a high performing team and high performing systems in order to drive and sustain business growth and to meet the demands of a complex customer base.
The Role (daily Responsibilities)
- Direct/manage manufacturing staff to ensure the timely delivery and execution of manufacturing operations for development projects and manufacturing batches.
- Establish strategic direction for manufacturing resources and activities, and setting objectives to maximize the value of the organization’s contributions by adopting new technologies, capabilities and providing educational opportunities for team members.
- Maintain the operational facility with the highest level of compliance and customer expectations.
- Ensure that all operations are compliant with company policy and Security Standards and quality assurance requirements at all times. Ensure all company and site policies are adhered to and ensuring appropriate company disciplinary policies are followed consistently.
- Build, maintain and motivate a multi-technology operations team capable of achieving all productivity targets and output requirements to service customers with product on time.
- Partner with Facilities, Engineering, Metrology and Maintenance groups to ensure effective standards are maintained for the maintenance and calibration of equipment/facilities to support manufacturing.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Validation, Quality Assurance, Analytical Services, Engineering, and Project Management functional areas to plan and implement the execution in manufacturing operations for both development processes and commercial operations.
- Ensure continued operational efficiencies are realized with reliable schedule adherence, and on time delivery of product, while maintaining the ability to react to changing customer requirements.
- Share responsibility for short and long-term resources and facility planning, and perform managerial duties as required, e.g. budgets, personnel performance appraisals, training, etc.
- Monitor and report progress of projects within agreed upon timelines, ensuring customer and Company objectives are met.
- Responsible for participating and representing all manufacturing operations in client audits as appropriate.
- Develop quality and business metrics for assessing productivity/profitability of manufacturing.
- Develop and manage the budget requirements for each fiscal year. In agreement with the board, organize the purchase of appropriate capital items as required for projects.
- Liaise Supply Chain department to monitor vendors and suppliers from a technical point of view.
- Develop and lead a culture of learning, respect, and employee growth. Establish the department’s strategic vision and mentor the manufacturing ops team towards goal achievement.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The Candidate (requirements)
- Requires minimum Master’s degree in Engineering/Pharma 20+ years’ relevant experience in Pharmaceutical Operations with 8 years of this being in a managerial position.
- Significant experience with injectibles and sterile manufacturing and production process and equipment. Working knowledge of containment strategies would be advantageous.
- Experience in deviation and technical investigations and managing teams
- Strong Leadership skills
- Analytical ability, both interpersonal and issue-related; good judgment and ethics; professional presence and demeanour.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and lead through influence
- Strong business orientation and financial skills.
- Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
- Ability to “get the job done” and take responsibility for results
- Skilled in Lean Six Sigma will be an added advantage.
- Preferably, candidates currently working abroad with a background in manufacturing at a similar level.
Scope of work:
- 9 manufacturing plants
- 400 products