Position Reporting into GM-HR
Minimum Bachelor’s degree from reputable college or university; with 6 years of relevant experience in HR & Training
Use deep expertise and adapt internal and external best practices to design and develop a specific HR product, processes needed to deliver the culture, capability, behaviours and performance needed to transform the organization and deliver its strategic business agenda and competitive advantage.
Assist GM HR to drive the design of specific HR product and supporting processes (such as Talent Management, Compensation etc) ensuring alignment with the business strategy
Provide deep expertise, best practice thinking in a key HR specialist area
Consult on specific specialist area solutions unique to each region, sharing best practices from each region
Act as a trusted advisor and provide advice to GM HR by leveraging deep expertise in one or more specialist areas.
Diagnose requirements that support an agile culture and transformation
Partner with operations and HRBP to continually diagnose patterns and trends in business
Build HR capability by delivering COE interventions and regular coaching and mentoring HR resources
KEY HR CAPABILITIES:
Deep expertise and detailed knowledge of up-to-date theory and practice in the specific area of expertise
Leading and Delivering Change
Building Future capabilities and Talent
Fundamental understanding of basic theory and application of subject matter
Certification and/or formal training in specialist areas proven in retail or FMCG industry
Experienced in the practical application of subject matter at individual and team levels
Practical expertise in the specialist area or transferable skills proven within business or industry
1. Support managers in the delivery of key, standardized HR activities.
2. Coaching and development of line managers around HR policies, processes and ways of working
3. Respond to complex queries from managers and employees referred from elsewhere including HR operations.
4. Key delivery channel for initiatives developed by the HR centres of excellence, HRBLs and HR services either directly or in partnership
5. Facilitate interventions focused on team development.
6. Drive standardization and improvement across and within business units in order to standardize, simplify and continuously improve HR service delivery
7. Understand the HR Risk environment, identify and mitigate potential HR Risks
8. Support managers to create a positive employee environment
9. Diagnose and/or deliver change projects in line with the HR agenda defined by the HR Head
10. Resolve ER / Disciplinary issues and implement strategies to reduce such issues and enhance performance.
Essential Experience & Qualification:
1. Demanding operational environments: Experience of delivering HR solutions within demanding operational contexts. Indicates the capacity to successfully handle core HR processes and initiatives, i.e. resourcing, performance management, change management, consultation and reward issues, across a range of functions and job types.
2. Broader business exposure: Experience of working in an integrated way with the business agendas. Able to show insight and good judgment within business teams to deliver sound decisions and solutions.
3. Operational Excellence: Demonstrates a good track of translating business objectives into HR solutions through appropriately setting the direction, objectives, targets and metrics. Able to take responsibility to deliver against demanding projects or initiatives and meets criteria of time, cost, quality and performance.
4. Raising Standards: Experience of participating and influencing HR teams in order to raise standards within the function and improve the collective profile of HR within the business.
5. Functional Excellence in at least One Area – Has a depth of experience in one field of HR e.g. ER, compensation and benefits, Talent Management, HR operational implementation systems and processes, Organizational Development and Design. Has clearly demonstrated a capacity to add value through the application of this capability across businesses.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES & HR CAPABILITIES:
1. HR Service Delivery
a. Quickly build an understanding of business needs and applies the appropriate HR solution.
b. Has strong process skills. Manages a piece of work from beginning to end in a rigorous and disciplined manner.
c. Applies organization’s tools and approaches to deliver pragmatic solutions – rebalances different tools and approaches in a flexible manner over time
d. Seeks to continuously improve the effectiveness of HR services and solutions
e. Aware of the cost implications of any activity and looks for the most cost-effective option
2. Relationship Management
a. Is business and organization aware, is able to build strong partnerships with leaders though delivery in line with businesses needs and effective use of consulting skill
b. Handles issues in a conciliatory, patient but determined manner demonstrating appropriate challenges. Uses the issues to influence and embed organization’s ways of working.
c. Within the context of the employment environment, builds an effective relationship with management, employees. Enables others to deliver.
3. Leading and delivering change
a. understands the case for change and actively supports change initiatives
b. Understands the level of readiness for change and works with the customer in overcoming obstacles.
c. Ensures efficient uses of services, tools and resources to progress change projects and initiatives, and ensure that the change is sustainable.
d. Uses standard change methodologies and coaches others in their applications
4. HR Governance
a. Keeps fully abreast of employment law and contextual issues that may impact and ensures that policies are implemented effectively and consistently across business
b. Ensures that the spirit of HR and Organization’s policies are embedded through the design and application of HR practices.
c. Understand current HR risk, uses judgment to assess, proactively identify and mitigate against potential risks.
d. Proactively identifies Employee relations issues and takes appropriate action
e. Feeds back ideas as to how to improve Organization’s policies and processes
f. Understand how HR works in Pakistan, HR strategies, the HR operating Model and role within it.
5. Knowledge Management
a. Shares and re-uses best practices
b. Has a broad understanding of technology and how it can support HR goals
c. Is up to date with internal and external best practice in HR services. Knows where to find and how to access information within organization
d. Invest in own ongoing professional education and development
e. Maintains curiosity about the business and external trends and applies that knowledge in the context of HR activity to support improved business performance.
6. Coaching leaders
a. Encourages, supports and educates managers so that they can effectively manage their people, including best use of tools, processes, interventions
b. Uses a coaching approach, demonstrates the value of coaching and having a developmental mindset to others
c. Has the passion and courage to challenge positively, give constructive feedback, make tough calls and to engage in real debate
Excellence in the HR Generalist role looks like:
Less of …. More of …..
Developing understanding through personal history with a business
Kindly share your resumes with us at email@example.com and also c.c. to firstname.lastname@example.org